Stories for my friends - Tips for strangers.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

a happy birthday in 2010

Amber is here for a week. She arrived yesterday, and it was the best present I could have asked for. Festivities included bluegrass brunch in soho (thanks for the tip, Robin) and dessert at Rocco's in the west village. Why have a birthday cake when you can try every kind of dessert imaginable? I don't know why we're still baking those things. Either way, Rocco's was excellent. I will be posting on that soon, and if you come to our wedding you might get to taste some of their confections :)

It was a great day with family and friends, and I am looking forward to a good week with Amber. I'm not sure how often I will be posting during the time she is here, but on the radar: traveling in New York - cabs, buses in Brooklyn and my recent discovery that subway maps are not made to scale.

Cheers!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I'm glad she made it there safely. Have a wonderful week.

Sarah Elizabeth said...

wee!

Sarah said...

We miss Amber! Please send her back soon!

Tamara said...

Well that was an enormous tease. I better get a wedding invite now. DESSERT!

cpl_miller said...

you never saw the warriors did you? or as I can loosely summarize, how getting from the Bronx to Coney Island on the train can turn into a hell ride...