Stories for my friends - Tips for strangers.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

untitled

Two weeks, half a month or the better part of a moon has passed and I am just within reach of employment and hopeful for a kind of future Amber and I could thrive in. But today I am at a loss for words, maybe because the spaces in my head are occupied by more unanswered questions than conclusions. When I write, I try to be deliberate enough to translate what I am thinking and feeling into something to share. At this point (at least for today), I have decided to be content with being a blank page in an open book full of stories like mine. If you have one, I would enjoy hearing about it.

Alan put up a great post about being true to yourself. A crucial difference would be that I was not unhappy at the place I left behind, though there is something like sadness that can sour happiness when you know you are not following your heart. When it becomes real enough to demand your attention, it comes time to listen to it. I think you will enjoy the read.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

This was just the swift kick I needed. You prompted me to finally sit down and write the story that has been waiting to be told for several weeks. Thanks, friend.

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Sometimes following your heart can break you more than not. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what it is I want so I can move in that direction, but I'm so hesitant to actually take those steps because I'm afraid of failing again. What to do?

Kathy said...

It's OK to fail. It's sad to never try anything for fear of failing. What's the worst thing that could happen? Now, think about what is the BEST thing that could happen if you try something new. You don't want to look back 5 years from now and say "if only I had done_____." Life is for living, and as long as you have people who love and support you and believe in you, there shouldn't be anything you aren't willing to try, if you really want to.