Stories for my friends - Tips for strangers.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

phone photography

What a cell phone camera lacks in quality, it makes up for in convenience. I have a very nice camera, but it is a chore to take it anywhere. The last time I left the house without my phone? I'm not sure, but it happens rarely. I have made it a habit to grab snapshots of moments that deserve the effort.
So, as promised, here are some pictures from my blackberry, taken since January 1, 2010:


Goodbye, my love.



I love this show. Saw it with Alan and Sarah last week.



And we waited in line in the cold.



One of my first steps out of the subway on my first day. I honestly have no idea where this is, but the over-exposed Sun looks like a black hole.



Illustrious Times Square. New Yorkers don't go here very often.



Buy my friend Sarah and I did!



This is just for Rob and Sarah Hamersma :)



My head looks like a chess pawn when I'm in my winter garb. It felt ironic at the time.



Dean Street (where I reside in Brooklyn)



Passion Pit (a band) at Terminal 5 (a venue). Glorious.



A view of Manhattan from Dumbo outside of Grimaldi's Pizza (Dan, my friend and roommate, and I ate there on January 10). It is arguably the best pizza in New York, though I'm sure there's better stuff out there.



This is Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village.
This part of Manhattan is beautiful and full of life.

There are plenty more, but I lack patience for these things. I hope you enjoy them. Sometime soon, I will upload the entire memory card. It is a unique roll of pictures from the last year, and I hope to share it with you.

10 comments:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

enjoyed.

Kathy said...

Fun to see the pictures. Alan looked like a homeless guy :)

Tamara said...

Love the pics! Thanks for sharing!

Christopher Hiatt said...

I am pleased. Mom, don't pick on Alan - it's cold up here! :)

Kathy said...

I know it's cold, but he had that homeless guy look on his face. I think he needs some friends to cheer him up!

Sarah said...

Thanks for bringing on the jealousy with that photo of Tim's. Someday they'll make it south.

And for the record, I thought Alan looked hip.

Kathy said...

We want to see pictures of the neighborhood where you want to live.

Christopher Hiatt said...

in due time

G. Alan Busch Jr. said...

And at least I am a well to do homeless guy, not all of them have iphones in their hands.

Kathy said...

Good point - I retract my original statement.