Stories for my friends - Tips for strangers.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

packing list

The new year rapidly approaches, as does the unfortunate reality that I have to appropriate all of my possessions based on when I think I will need them. Would you mind helping me out? Take a look at my packing list for NYC and let me know if you think I forgot anything. I am flying up there, so I can only take what will fit in a carry-on bag and a large suitcase (that is, if Amber will let me borrow her big one.) This list should only include what I will need to get by, especially since Amber is coming up in late January and can bring me things. Everything else comes up with both of us in the back of a truck in April.

NYC Packing List (the Bachelor version):
1 wok (I plan to eat fried rice almost exclusively for 3 months)
1 Cup, 1 bowl, 1 plate, 1 mug (it's Debbie's "precious moments" one if you must know. Thanks trip-c!)
1 set of flatware and 1 serrated knife
1 blanket, 1 set of twin sheets, 1 pillow
Winter clothes
Sundry toiletries (including, but not limited to, a tooth brush)
Laptop and external hard drive
1 French Press (thanks, Tamara!)
1 piece of tupperware for the leftover fried rice. (thanks, Sarah.)
Bible (I'd like to say it goes without saying, but I would probably forget it. Thanks, Donna.)
Camera - probably the D40, even though it's big. (Thank you, Ruffie!)

What else am I forgetting?

10 comments:

Tamara said...

Coffee maker!

Christopher Hiatt said...

oh my. good catch. I'll throw in a french press to make it less complicated.

Sarah said...

1 piece of tupperware for the leftover fried rice.

Donna said...

How about your Bible?

Sarah Elizabeth said...

-1 MORE mug (the one I painted of Gainesville!!!! come on, isn't that a given like the Bible? just kidding.....)

-camera!!

-a bear hug for ME

G. Alan Busch Jr. said...

You are probably already carrying it on, but you know how indispensable your satchel is up here. That's all I can think of, but I'll let you know if anything comes to me.

Also the little verification word is 'pyratta'. Which is sort of funny to me.

Kathy said...

Are you taking a guitar? I can't imagine you not playing one at all for 4 months. What about your Ipod? Do you still use that? You should also take first aid type items, along with any medication you may have. And don't forget your giftcards for Starbucks and Whole Foods.

Melissa J said...

small cutting board? some sort of wooden spoon or stirring utensil for making the rice? pajamas? underwear? (I hope that goes without saying), long underwear (Sam has two pairs if you want to borrow one) ... that list makes me want to cry. Thank God for marriage.

Kathy said...

Your heavy winter coat, scarf and gloves - all here at my house. Some nice clothes for the job interviews, including shoes. Boots for the snow.

Amber said...

Yes! You may have my big one! You'll just have to bring it back for the big move in April!