Stories for my friends - Tips for strangers.

Sunday, December 13, 2009

the Grand Transition

This is new territory for me. Gradually letting go of something is much harder than jumping ship. I'm beginning to understand how people with good intentions can end up burning bridges when they leave. Beyond the difficulty of keeping track of all those bridges (which by default seem to implode if you don't keep an eye on them), it is hard to be yourself when you feel like someone else. And that's what you become when you break away from people who love you.

This story is ours, but as I write it I feel like I am looking in with the rest of you, quietly waiting for things to become more concrete. I'm sure that I will figure that one out. For now, I'm off to help the new worship leader take over my position at CCC Gainesville. I'll try my best to feel like it's me doing it.

Oh, and here's some attribution:
title: "Grand Transition"
All rights reserved, Carter Davis

2 comments:

cpl_miller said...

you try and burn any bridge I am near and I will go Kwai on you and beat you to the punch. BTW another song to annoy you - "Burning Bridges" by the Mike Curb Congregation

Melissa J said...

It's true what you say about people with good intentions still burning bridges; that is a frustrating realty, especially (unfortunately) during engagement and marriage. Thank God for compassionate people with forgiving hearts!