Stories for my friends - Tips for strangers.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Alive and Well

By some miracle I have not gotten sick yet. With Dan sick when I got here and Alan and apparently sick for the last 2 months, I was certain it would bring me down. As of now, I feel fine. If this ridiculous weather had its way, though, we would all be done for. Going from a piping hot train to freezing rain hitting my face sideways on my way home to a 65 degree apartment is New York's way of confusing my immune system, I think. Mom always said I would catch a cold if I didn't bundle up, but up here, I think you will catch one if you don't adapt to all of the changes in temperature appropriately. For now, I am in survival mode with the millions here just like me. 

Beyond that, I have been at a loss for blog posts and topics. Let me know if there is anything you would like for me to write about and I will try to address it soon. 

CBH

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I want to hear more about the free lance work.

Sarah said...

I am so amazed and delighted that you are not sick! You must have been allergic to Gainesville :(

I am interested in the church scene up there, if you have any thoughts on that.

Tamara said...

Piggybacking on both of the previous comments: 1.) I've been wondering what you're doing as far as church up there-- whether you've found a place, what it's like, how you like it, etc. 2.)I get that you're doing the freelance work right now, but what exactly did you set out to do there (something about promoting talent?), and do you see yourself still making your way toward that goal?

Dan said...

I would like a post on all of the ways you've been coping with my absence (alcoholism, despair, etc.)