Stories for my friends - Tips for strangers.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Illumination (for those still in the dark)

Hello my friends. I would like to thank you for your support over the past few months. For whatever it's worth, the words I have put together in this space have brought me comfort in trying times, and I would not have written it without you here.

I have been working as a full-time freelancer for almost two weeks now at Siivo Corp, a web design and ecommerce consulting company located at 27th and 5th Avenue. They have asked me to stay with them on a permanent basis after the wedding. So, I suppose you could say I have a job. And since I have a job, I am able to look for apartments (which is what Amber and I have been doing on craigslist for the last hour over the phone), and since I will probably end up finding an apartment for us to live in, I imagine Amber and I will be moving here after all. What a wonderfully strung sentence!

So what's next? There is plenty to say. Sometimes I want to write it here and end up not doing it for one reason or another. I have not decided if I will keep this blog up in its current state or not. I will say that I plan to keep blogging. It will actually be a large part of my day to day job. I have been doing some music writing as well, and plan to pursue more outlets for those efforts. In addition to music, some friends and I are starting a NYC food blog soon. That will be formidable. I will do my best to update some more here, largely for the sake of anyone looking for practical wisdom on moving up here. After that, we will just have to see how it goes.

All for now. Up next: Apartment Hunting, or what I hope will be my epic battle against brokers' fees.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

If anyone can get out of paying those broker fees, it's you!

Unknown said...

Hooray for a Real Job! I look forward to reading, wherever you end up writing.

ShortHHI said...

Hey Chris -
I've enjoyed reading along on your blog of your adventures in the epic city of NYC. Please be sure and link any new blogs to the current one. I am praying for you these last few weeks before your wedding. All the best, Bridget Short