Stories for my friends - Tips for strangers.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Story

I have had this blog for a while, although there's never been a period in time when I felt compelled to write (at least not anything people should be interested in reading). When I think of a blog, I imagine a few categories defined by the people writing them. The first and probably most prolific group fills its blog roll with topical commentary (politics, money, entertainment, etc). The second group is more introspective. They dig deep inside and share things with us that we would probably never know by talking to them, even if they were a close friend. Reading blogs like these can help me explain what is going on inside my own head, sort of like listening to a great song. The last group of bloggers interests me the most, and it is the one I am now interested in joining. This group draws on experience, whether past or ongoing, that is compelling enough to be written about and to be read. I have a story to tell, and it is for you:

For my friends and family; for anyone who has thought about packing up and moving to the city; for anyone with a great job who thinks it is crazy to give it up in this economy; for anyone who wonders what it is like to be engaged, or to be engaged long distance; for anyone interested in working in the music industry but you don't quite know how; for anyone who wonders (or remembers) what it's like to leave a place full of people you love; for those who don't believe God is real; for those who can't understand how faith can change a person.

Read my story as it unfolds and interact with it. Ask me questions; I want to share this with you. Now, I don't presume that my story is unique, and I won't promise that anything profound or deeply meaningful will come out of my words, but I will bring what I have to this blog and let you decide what to take from it.

Thank you for reading.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I am very interested in why you were posting this at 4:31 a.m. Were you up that early, or still up from the night before? As you get closer to time to go, are you excited or anxious, or both?

GalatiOhNo! said...

Why can't I quit you?!?!?!?

Christopher Hiatt said...

I'm not sure...

ndhiatt said...

Thanks for sharing. May the Lord bless you & guide you in your adventures, Christopher. We wish you the very best!